Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Third "Princess" Edition: Stepping out of the "paper" box

So to end my Princess-themed posting, I promised I would give a tutorial on how to create the Princess-in-waiting hats. This is a really quick and easy  project to do at a party or on a lazy Saturday with your little Princess. *Please ignore the constantly changing colors, I didn’t have time recreate the project so I constructed this tutorial using the pictures I already had.


For this project you will need:  a cone hat, crown cut out, small strip of tulle, scissors and double sided tape or a stapler.

Step 1: Cut the tip off the top of your cone hat. Don’t make the hole to big or you will have a hard time keeping your tulle inside. Pull one end of your tulle thru the hole and tie a knot on the inside to keep it in place. I use tape to make the end of tulle easier to push thru the hole.
Step 2: Cut out your crown in any color you choose. You can also decorate it with glitter, stickers or jewels. Tape or staple the cut out on to the front of your hat.
And TA DA instant Princess Hat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment