Friday, August 26, 2011

Second Edition: Stepping out of the "paper" box

For the second edition of our "Stepping out of the paper box", I wanted to show a simple way to package a gift and personalize it.
A close friend of mine, Mrs SK, just welcomed her first child into the world, Little Mr John.  Let me tell you, he is just the cutest thing you will ever see.  We wanted to get something special to welcome this little bundle of joy, so we brainstormed and came up with the perfect theme.  In my circle of friends we are all about themes. So since Mrs S is all about travel, we thought airplanes would be the perfect theme.  Once we bought our gifts, we needed the perfect way to package it and a simple gift bag would not do. Instead we bought an adorable tiny suitcase to pack all his airplane-themed gifts into.

Although the suitcase was adorable by itself, it wasn’t perfect.  So I decided to step out of the paper box.  I embellished the front of the suitcase with his name and, of course, a little airplane. I think it was the perfect way finish off this cute gift. Mrs SK was pleasantly pleased and I think I saw Little Mr John crack a little smile.

So the lesson for the week is “Don’t be afraid to step out the paper box when packaging a gift”. Sometimes a little creativity can take a simple gift to a whole other level.


Congratulations K Family on your beautiful baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment